Saturday, June 21, 2014

World's Greatest

We were in New York last weekend to see Luis on his birthday. Luis danced the flamenco and it was beautiful. I didn't get any pictures of that, just trust me. Luis, by the way, is the World's Greatest, in addition to his city.


We stayed at the Conrad in the financial district. We were on the 15th floor, which isn't high for skyscraperville, but I got shaky knees looking down into the lobby from up there. Heights!


It's a fancy hotel. It made me feel like I was living in an iPhone. The lighting was so futuristic.


Scott got a deal on Priceline. Our room even had a little sliver of river/New Jersey view.


It was fun being in that part of town. I never spent much time down there when we were living in the city. 



It has been a construction zone for as long as I've known it. It still is, but it's changed and is all different to me.




I wasn't having a breakdown at the 9/11 memorial. Despite what you may have heard via text message. But the sadness of the place is not lost on me.

We walked uptown Saturday. That's my favorite: walking around seeing what's to see.


And taking selfies, which is everyone's favorite.


That's us in front of our wedding venue! City hall!


I spied beautiful, wild, city greenery all over the place. 




When we got tired of walking, we decided to be brave and rent Citi Bikes. Riding bikes in midtown traffic was splendid and terrifying.


Yes I know, no helmet is dumb.


Bicycle selfie with Empire State Building photo bomb!!


We lived to eat soup dumplings with Luis, and watch the World Cup later. And I got to try Chinese ice tea:


I love New York.

2 comments:

  1. That picture of you is SO good! You are both so lovely. My second favorite picture was the empire state building photo bomb!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dad and I enjoyed these so much! ....except for the 'no helmet' thing.

    ReplyDelete