Friday, August 16, 2013

family and ft. lauderdale

Stades converged on South Florida last week for our grandmothers' memorial services - Nana and Oma.

Road trips for everyone! Natalie, Kahlil, and I drove down from Virginia with a stopover in Savannah. 

In Savannah, there is water all around.

Docked boat.



We tried to go stand up paddle boarding one morning in Miami, but it was too windy - perfect for kite boarders! Not perfect for us. We were a mess on the paddle boards. 

There was a family jam session - two trumpets, a violin, a banjo, a piano, and a chorus of all of our angelic voices.



Caleb plays a sweet tune.

There was an epic monopoly game in progress.

One of my all-time favorite places.


The garage was Papa's place filled with Papa's things.

Mirror near the work bench.


Family photos are my treasures.


Uncle Joel borrowed a little penny farthing bicycle! We could hardly believe our eyes when he brought it home, and we all took a turn. 
Natalie was appointed queen of the penny farthing. Look at her form! You won't see better.




Letters were written home.

I told them to put on a satisfied face and this is what I got. Mom! She heard "sad face."

One more time with everyone. SATISFIED FACE.

Parting shot of Florida heading back north. Taking my memories and a whole lot of mosquito bites. Miss you all!

3 comments:

  1. Chrystie. Words cannot express how much I enjoyed this post. I appreciate you posting pictures of Papa's things in the garage. I also almost died when I saw the penny farthing bicycle series. No one told me about this! Natalie's form was exceptional, and Kahlil looked so awkwardly big for the big. Dad's attempt at penny farthing also almost made me cry tears of joy. One more thing, Elijah's type-written letter?! Priceless. PS DID IT ON COMPUTER

    ReplyDelete
  2. laura!! i miss your blog. when do you get your camera and will you post immediately? i have more pictures on my phone from florida that i will post here soon.

    ReplyDelete